July – September 2018
The Proclaimers Internship is a program designed to develop the skills and understanding necessary for building Church through education and experience. Our goal is to help develop your leaders at our church, so that they can go back and change the world through your church.
CLICK ON THE MODULES BELOW TO READ MORE
40 years of ministerial experience…
Receive teaching sessions from our very own Lead Pastors, Tom and Denise Rawls. Tom and Denise are world renowned pioneers of the local church, A church for this generation and the next.
Teaching sessions will also be delivered by Pastor Tom and Denise’s team. Their team includes leaders working both part time and full time in the life of Proclaimers.
- Armour of God: based on Pastor Tom’s latest book
- Communicating Jesus in the 21st Century: Based on Pastor Tom’s book, Plain View.
- The Holy Spirit: The person, the gifts, and the ministry
- Spiritual life
- Personal life and character
- Church Life: Leadership, team building, servanthood theology, kids & youth, event planning (this module spans the full three months)
- Church online: how to effectively communicate church through online platforms
Hillsong College Modules
Learn directly from our team of Pastors here at Proclaimers as you complete a theology module from Hillsong College.
Daily Bible Study
Spend time meditating on and exploring God’s word. Encourage one another as you take turns leading the daily devotion.
Learn new skills and roles in teams within Church. As you gain confidence in your leadership, take on leadership tasks within your chosen field.
Take ownership of a church project. Create, collaborate and complete a project during your internship. Work with others in the Church to see this through.
Examples of projects:
- Creative arts (Creating dance pieces, video production, graphic design, etc)
- Musical elements (Work with the platform teams to create and organise musical elements for Sunday services)
July – September 2018
- Live outreach events (Organise an evangelistic event)
- Fearless (Work with our youth leaders to put on special youth events)
- Kids Campus (Work in the local community with our kids outreach program)
- Kids Church (Work with our kids teams to put on our annual ‘holiday club’ summer event
- Church Campuses: Work with campus pastors to conduct a weekend of ministry at either our Ipswich or Bratislava Campus*.
During your time as an intern, you are expected to attend all Sunday services, service on teams and attend a connect group. In the case of an intern attending another local church, further discussion would be needed.
- Is ready and willing to do whatever it takes, exciting or mundane, to build the local church
- Represents and lives a life fully committed to Jesus
- Is intent on learning and is passionate about developing themselves
The Program at a glance
Interns will have scheduled activities from Tuesday to Friday. Mondays and Saturdays will be days off. (Interns have the opportunity to volunteer for Saturday street teams with Love Norwich).
A typical day
A typical day would start at 9am with 45mins of prayer, bible study and house keeping. 10am-12pm would consist of teaching sessions. Afternoons are set aside for practical activities or teaching sessions. The day would end with a prayer session from 4pm-5pm.
- 9am – Prayer + Bible study
- 10am – Teaching sessions
- 1pm – Practical sessions
- 4:30pm – Prayer
- 5pm – Home time
Sundays are the most important day in the life of church. Interns are expected to attend both services and serve on teams throughout the day.
Price: The cost of the internship program will be £250 for 1 month, £450 for 2 months or £600 for 3 months. This will cover the cost of teaching staff, materials, and the running of the program. This price does not include the cost of travel, accommodation or food.
*Price does not include costs associated with a trip to Bratislava.
Accommodation: We can recommend air bnbs and hostels if you are attending our internship from outside of Norwich. We will also, have a small selection of host families that would be able to provide accommodation for a small fee. However, host family spaces will be limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Travel: We suggest that you factor in the cost of travel as our church venue is on the outskirts of the city. A monthly bus pass ranges from £44 – £63 per month dependant on age. We recommend purchasing a bicycle as an active way to travel around the city. The Space is a 20min bike ride from the city centre.
Age: This program is design for those between the ages of 16-30. Please forward any queries to our team.
If you are travelling from outside of the EU, you may need to apply for a visa. Please check https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Find out more
Proclaimers is one church in three locations.